Frequently Asked Questions

What are the recent changes to my check stub?
Ovintiv USA Inc. is committed to providing superior customer service to our interest owners. To that end, we have made changes to your owner check stub. Please see the following explanations of your check stub detail here.
Can I have my revenue check deposited directly to my bank account?
Yes - Direct Deposit benefits all of us! Complete the Electronic Payment Request form and mail or fax a copy to Ovintiv USA Inc. A letter of confirmation will be sent to your mailing address.
What do I do if my check is lost, stolen, or becomes outdated?
  • Contact the Customer Service Center at 1-866-917-3700 to stop payment. Please have the following information ready when you call: Your name, Payee Number, and check date or month written.
  • We will stop payment on your check and it will be reissued during the next revenue payment process.
  • If your check is outdated, void the check, and return to Ovintiv USA Inc.'s (Ovintiv) Revenue Department at the Denver address shown on the check. Include a written request for a new check.
When can we expect our 1099's?
By Federal law we are required to have 1099's mailed by January 31st. You can check the link on this website for your 1099 or call 1-866-917-3700 after February 10th.
When can we expect our DR21W or TC675? (For Utah and Colorado owners)
  • DR21W: By Colorado state law we are required to have them mailed by February 28th. If you have not received this by March 10th call 1-866-917-3700.
  • TC675: By Utah state law we are required to have them mailed by February 28th. If you have not received this by March 10th call 1-866-917-3700.
When are royalty payments suspended?
For your protection, payments are suspended upon a title dispute, the assignment of interest, notice of death, transfer of property, or in the event of no known address. Keeping your information current can prevent this inconvenience.
How do I make an ownership transfer?
To transfer your interest, you must provide Ovintiv USA Inc. the following:
  • Copy of recorded conveyance document.
  • For trusts, send us a copy of the trust agreement along with a copy of the recorded document transferring the interest into the trust.
How does a royalty interest get transferred if an owner dies?
If the decedent died testate (with a will) and the will is being probated, the following must be submitted for our review:
  • Death certificate Will Order admitting the will to probate (or its equivalent depending on the state in which the proceedings were conducted)
In addition, for states other than Texas, include:
  • Letters Testamentary and Final Decree of Distribution or Letters Testamentary and recorded conveyance from Personal Representative
If the decedent died intestate (without a will), but the estate is probated:
  • Provide copy of death certificate
  • Letters of Administration
  • Final Decree when available for states other than Texas or
  • Recorded conveyance from Administrator
If the decedent died intestate (without a will), and the estate was not probated, or the will was not probated in the state where the property is located, we may be able to rely on an Affidavit of Heirship in order to follow the laws of descent and distribution for the state where the property is located.
  • Contact the Customer Service Center at 1-866-917-3700 and ask to speak to the Division Order Analyst in that area to see if an Affidavit of Heirship will be accepted.
  • An Affidavit of Heirship must be completed by a person other than a relative or an heir to the decedent's estate. The affiant's signature must be notarized.
  • The Affidavit must be filed for record in the county, or counties, where the property is located.
  • A blank Affidavit of Heirship form can be mailed upon your request.
To comply fully with the various state statutes, it is strongly suggested that you consult an attorney familiar with the laws of the state in which the property is located to open ancillary probate.
I wish to change the name on my account, what documents do I need to provide?
  • If an individual's name changes due to marriage or divorce, please send Ovintiv USA Inc. a recorded copy of marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other document effecting the name change.
  • For company or corporate name changes, send a recorded certificate of name change (verification of tax ID should be included)
  • For company or Corporate name changes due to a merger, send the recorded Certificate of Merger.
I wish to sell my mineral rights, who do I contact?
Please send your request in writing to Ovintiv USA Inc.'s mailing address, attention: Land Department. Furnish your name, address, payee number if known, and the legal description and name of the property, if known, including the county and state where the property is located.
I need to know the value of my minerals
Ovintiv USA Inc. cannot provide any information on valuation since such information is an opinion based on proprietary information. However, Ovintiv USA Inc. can provide a record or history of payments.